All qualified persons will be considered for employment regardless of any physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information and/or any other protected status.
Accountant Job Duties:
Summary: Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
1. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
2. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; prepares revenue entries.
3. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
4. Maintains current accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
5. Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
6. Reconciles revenue discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
7. Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
8. Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
9. Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
10. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
11. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
13. Follow accounting direction of the home office accounting office policies, procedures and directives.
14. Prepare documentation for home office to prepare accounts payable as needed.
Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree in Business or Accounting; At least three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc…
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Outlook Express; Experience with accounting software. Knowledge of Mass200 preferred but not required
Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
Confident and energetic personality
Strong organizational, communications and sales skills
Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; work with minimal supervision
Reliable and flexible to Resort needs