All qualified persons will be considered for employment regardless of any physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information and/or any other protected status.
Summary: The basic function of the Lodging Manager is to supervise and assist with the cleaning and care for the dogs and cats staying at Bayside Pet Resort & Spa. This position does require the incumbent to interact and function cooperatively with other Managers, Supervisors and Pet Pals on a regular basis. This position does require incumbent to train Pet Pals and Pet Pal Supervisors.
1. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
2. Check in/out boarders, daycare, and grooms.
3. Feeding/watering animals.
4. Cleaning dog suites and cat condos.
5. Cleaning floors.
6. Cleaning bathing, drying, and grooming areas.
7. Responsible for charting and ensuring daily activities of animals being lodged are completed.
8. Responsible for determining what play groups a guest should be in.
9. Responsible for performing the temperament test and entering notes and any other notes pertaining to a pets’ stay.
10. Responsible for ensuring the 5 point wellness check is completed each day.
11. Responsibility to observe good health practices and procedures in the boarding of animals and in cases involving animal sickness, responsibility to adhere to sick animal protocol and act accordingly.
12. Help pet owners in or out with their pets.
13. Responsible for working on maintenance of building, equipment, and grounds as directed by management.
14. Performs daily work as listed on Daily Work Sheet, without supervision.
15. Performs daily work as listed on Monthly Work Sheet, without supervision.
16. Performs any work directed by management not listed on Daily/Monthly Work Sheets, which would be necessary for the benefit of the business and care of Lodging or grooming animals.
17. Reporting animal abnormalities to management.
18. Give tours of Bayside Pet Resort.
19. Call Veterinary clinics for vaccination information.
20. Call clients to remind about appointments.
21. Helping pet owners with their pets
22. Addressing client concerns and facilitating resolution of same under General Manager’s supervision.
23. Responsibility as one of the Acting Managers in the absence of General Manager
24. Responsible for scheduling Pet Pals to meet the demands of the clients and to cover necessary shifts.
25. Authority to hire and discipline employees with the approval of the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
2 years of office or related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as measurements and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word;
Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Outlook Express.
Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
Confident and energetic personality
Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; work with minimal supervision
Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
Manages Pet Pals, Pet Pal Supervisors and Bathers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.