All qualified persons will be considered for employment regardless of any physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information and/or any other protected status.
Summary: Responsible for the daily operations, programs, and staff by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
2. Check in/out boarders, daycare, and grooms.
3. Answer the phone and making appointments.
4. Accept cash and count change.
5. Data inputting.
6. Answer questions about fees and policies.
7. Give tours of Bayside Pet Resort.
8. Call Veterinary clinics for vaccination information.
9. Call clients to remind about appointments.
10. Helping pet owners with their pets
11. Performs daily work as listed on Daily Work Sheet, without supervision.
12. Performs any work directed by management not listed on Daily/Monthly Work
13. Sheets, which would be necessary for the benefit of the business and care of
14. Lodging or grooming animals.
15. Reporting animal abnormalities to management.
16. Addressing client concerns and facilitating resolution of same under General Manager’s supervision.
17. Responsible for managing Receptionists.
18. Training Receptionists.
19. Responsibility as one of the Acting Managers in the absence of General Manager
20. Responsible for scheduling Receptionists to meet the demands of the clients and to cover necessary shifts.
21. Authority to hire and discipline employees with the approval of the General Manager.
22. Responsible for monitoring all inventories pertaining to the position including administrative supplies.
23. Attendance at weekly marketing meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
2 years of office or related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Outlook Express.
Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
Confident and energetic personality
Strong organizational, communications and sales skills
Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; work with minimal supervision
Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
Manages Front Desk Associates. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.